We want to see as many people as possible sailing on Challenge Wales and Adventure Wales. However, to help us achieve our objectives and make this happen we need to rely on our fantastic volunteers.
There are several ways you can get involved as a volunteer: on the boat as crew, offering maintenance help on our Ship-Shape Days, shore-side in the office or being a Challenge Wales supporter. Our Trustees are also volunteers who shape the direction of the charity and ensure we are keeping to our charitable aims.
Whatever role you fill, we do expect you to be reliable and able to use your own initiative.
What will you get from being a Challenge Wales volunteer:
- A chance to share your experiences, knowledge, creativity, ideas and enthusiasm with us
- Opportunity to socialise, make new friends, be part of a team and meet some new & amazing people
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun and exciting way
- The opportunity to develop your sailing skills (if you are a sailing volunteer)
- the opportunity to increase your seamiles for your next sailing qualification
- The opportunity to put something on your CV
- That feeling when you know you are making a difference to the lives of people, the environment and community
- An opportunity to be working outdoors
- A chance to develop knowledge in boat maintenance and improve your skills in this area
- An opportunity to be involved in youth work
Volunteer Sailing Crew
Your personal adventure
Admin to fundraising and more…
DofE Award Scheme
Hearing young people’s voices
Make your CV standout
Developing the Charity