You can’t get closer to wildlife and the outdoors than on Challenge Wales. We’ve had whales breach alongside us, we’ve had dolphins, porpoises and seals swim alongside or with us (in UK waters) and we have been stargazing when we have been doing night sailing. Some of our voyages are specifically marine focused while others are delivery voyages – helping us get the boat from A to B and helping you gain more experience and putting plenty of seamiles under your belt.
Our voyages will be suitable for adults aged 18 – 85 years and are part of our adult only adventure programme. These voyages are also suitable for solo travellers, couples or friends!!
Due to Coronavirus, adult residential voyages are expected to restart from August 2021 in line with government guidance and as soon as the schedule is released details will be posted here.
Young person residential will be operating the residential element in England until government restrictions in Wales relax. Check out our DofE, Small Ships and Residential Voyages pages for more details.
To get you in the mood take a look at some of our previous voyages;
- Pirates and Plastics voyage – 3 day trip via Lundy Island understanding about plastic pollution, measuring plankton and water visibility with stories of pirates thrown in by a guest speaker
- Wildlife voyage – 3 day trip via Lundy Island working with the warden to understand more about ecosystems, rock pools and sustainability
- Delivery voyages from Cardiff to Milford to Holyhead; Sailing around Wales
- Milebuilding trips – for those looking to work towards their next sailing qualifications jump onboard and sail from Cardiff to Scotland or the Scilly Isles
- Sailing by the Stars – 48 hours of non-stop sailing including night sailing. In the past we’ve spotted the international space station.
- Whisky, Wind and Waves tour – sailing amongst Scottish Islands for a week
- Tall Ships Delivery voyages – Sailing to Denmark, Norway and Spain to get the boat ready for our overseas youth work
- Round the World Meet-ups; Jump on a voyage and meet up with the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race or the Volvo Ocean Yacht Race (Subject to location).
- Rugby and Sail Trip – Sailing in February from Cardiff to Dublin for the Six Nations Rugby – chilling and exhilarating, it blows away the cobwebs and we love taking the Welsh dragon to Ireland.
- Create your own Adventure Voyage – bring a group of friends, hire the boat and sail your own adventure (subject to tides and location of the boat of course!)
And no sailing experience is required to take part! And all profits from our adult adventures support our youth development programme and truly helps to change lives.