To enable as many young people and young adults between 12 and 25 years old as possible to experience the benefits of sail training on Challenge Wales and to give them a different outlook in life, funds need to be raised. The Challenge Wales bursary scheme is there to help those who need some additional financial support to jump onboard.
There are many reasons why people may apply for a bursary, a few are listed below:
- Young people who have been affected by family trauma
- Young people who are carers for an older relative
- Young people who require help developing core skills for adulthood
- Young people from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Young people with an ambition for a career at sea
- Young people unable to afford all the costs
We value that each young person is different and has individual needs and circumstances. In terms of bursaries we treat everybody individually based on their circumstances.
There are many ways you can support the Challenge Wales charity, and with the Coronavirus bringing a halt to fundraising sailing voyages and fundraising events, there are still lots of ways to fundraise…
Every penny helps
Teambuilding | Leadership | Races
Shop & Raise Funds
Turning mouse clicks into money
Trek | Walk | Cycle | Sail
Can you help us to help others?
Become a friend of Challenge Wales