Challenge Wales is planning to take part in Round the Island Race 2023 (29th June – 2nd July with the race taking place on Saturday 1st July 2023). This is an amazing opportunity for individuals with none, some or lots of racing experience to experience racing and is one of our adult fundraisers. So, jumping onboard will support young people sail training on our vessels.
This is one of the only occasions where Challenge Wales will race against some of her sister yachts which is a fantastic experience in its own right!
You will experience the buzz of the build-up of Round the Island Race, camaraderie and competition.
Whether you are using the experience to develop customer relationships, building a team or just looking to have a day on the water with friends (or a bunch of strangers who become friends), competing in Round the Island Race is an effective way of developing business & personal relationships through an exhilarating and memorable activity.
No sailing experience is required to take part….just commitment to work as a team, challenge yourself and be competitive while having fun on the water.
- Thursday 29th June – join us in the evening after work at leisure in Haslar Marina (Gosport) (so no need to take time off work unless you were looking for an excuse!) If you arrive for 8.00pm then you’ll be in time for dinner ashore (at your own expense), if you arrive for 10.00pm then you’ll find us in a pub!
- Friday 30th June – A day of training before Challenge Wales heads over to Cowes Yacht Haven. Soak up the pre-race atmosphere in Cowes but remember it will be an early night as it will be an early start tomorrow!
- Saturday 1st July – Our race start is TBC but we’re usually in the first start between 6.00 – 8.00am, therefore it is often an early start, and you’ll be putting everything you learnt yesterday into practice. After circumnavigating the Isle of Wight we will head back to Cowes Yacht Haven where celebrations will begin in the Race Village. We will often go out for a team meal ashore (which will be at your own expense) in the evening.
- Sunday 2nd July – Challenge Wales will depart Cowes early in the morning so that you can depart the boat back in Haslar Marina (Gosport). We aim to be in Gosport for late morning.
Cost – £649 per person.
* Race Entry Fees
* Food onboard while sailing (including Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Snacks)
* 3 Nights Accommodation Onboard
* Branded Challenge Wales Polo Shirt
* Use of Waterproof Trousers and Jackets
* Safety Equipment (including life jacket)
* Mooring Fees in Cowes / Gosport
* Skipper, Mate and 4 Challenge Wales crew
* Fun and adventure
If you are wishing to be a Challenge Wales Volunteer Crew after this trip, then Round the Island Race can count towards your qualifying assessment voyage. Just let us know when booking.