Challenge Wales will once again take part in the spectacular Round the Island Race 2021. With around 1,400 vessels and 15,000 sailors this is one of the largest racing events on the water, one of the largest spectator events in the UK and places are available onboard our Challenge 72 yacht.
This is one of the only occasions where Challenge Wales will race against some of her sister yachts which is a fantastic experience in its own right!
If you are interested in joining us for 2021 then please email the Challenge Wales office to register your interest!
You will experience the buzz of the build-up of Round the Island Race, camaraderie and competition.
Whether you are using the experience to develop customer relationships, building a team or just looking to have a day on the water with friends (or a bunch of strangers who become friends), competing in Round the Island Race is an effective way of developing business & personal relationships through an exhilarating and memorable activity.
No sailing experience is required to take part….just commitment to work as a team, challenge yourself and be competitive while having fun on the water.
- Thursday 1st July – join us in the evening after work at leisure in Gosport/Portsmouth (so no need to take time off work unless you were looking for an excuse!) If you arrive for 8.00pm then you’ll be in time for dinner ashore, if you arrive for 10.00pm then you’ll find us in a pub!
- Friday 2nd July – A day of training before Challenge Wales heads over to Cowes Yacht Haven. Soak up the pre-race atmosphere in Cowes but remember it will be an early night as it will be an early start tomorrow!
- Saturday 3rd July – Our race start is TBC but we’re usually in the first start between 5.00 – 6.30am, therefore it is an early start, and you’ll be putting everything you learnt yesterday into practice. After circumnavigating the Isle of Wight we will head back to Cowes Yacht Haven where celebrations will begin in the Race Village.
- Sunday 4th July – Challenge Wales will depart Cowes early in the morning so that you can depart the boat back in Gosport/Portsmouth.
Cost – £699 per person. Read the Round the Island Race Information Pack for all the details and what’s included in your race package and what to expect!
* Race Entry Fees
* Food onboard while sailing (including Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Snacks)
* 3 Nights Accommodation Onboard
* Use of Waterproof Trousers and Jackets
* Safety Equipment (including life jacket)
* Mooring Fees in Cowes / Gosport
* Skipper, Mate and 4 Challenge Wales crew
* Fun and adventure
If you are wishing to be a Challenge Wales Volunteer Crew after this trip, then Round the Island Race can count towards your qualifying assessment voyage. Just let us know when booking.